What’s Hot with Peer Researchers?
A one-hour online talk show hosted by Universities Without Walls in an non-formal education format that aired live from 2014 – 2016.
Check out our latest non-formal education initiative: pozcast. A podcast created by and for people living with HIV to explore HIV research in ways that matter.
What’s Hot with Peer Researchers
Peer researchers are the driving force behind HIV research. They participate in health research related to HIV/AIDS and its many social and cultural aspects as critical “consumers”/readers of research, in advisory committees, data collection and spreading research evidence in their diverse communities.
Our talk show guests connect from across Canada to engage in frank discussions about hot topics, provide updates about research studies, tell all about their experience and share one or two lessons learned.
Click here to download an evaluation report about what we’ve learned from our first 7 episodes.
- Episode # 1: Cross-Country Check-In
- Episode # 2: Working with PRAs: supervision, management, coordination or professional friendship
- Episode # 3: Supporting HIV Positive Peer Researchers
- Episode # 4: How Much Is Enough? Fair Compensation for Peer Researchers in Health Research?
- Episode # 5: The Call-In Show!
- Episode # 6: Who needs Boundaries when you have methods?
- Episode # 7: Climbing the PRA ladder: how to begin, survive and advance
- Episode # 8: GIPA/MIPA, I’ve heard of it
- Episode # 9: High & Hired, PRAs with lived experience using drugs
- Episode # 10: World AIDS Day special, “Peer Power”: Celebrating the work of HIV Peer Researchers
- Episode # 11: A Special Focus on Mothers
- Episode # 12: Training to the task or for the future?
- Episode # 13: Engaged Yet?
- Episode #14: The PRIDE Edition!
- Episode #15: Close for Comfort? Reflections on illness, death, dying and grief.
- Episode #16: Maximizing Support: Highlights from the Supporting PRAs Effectively Workshop.