In this module, you can learn about community based research (CBR) from the perspective of someone working as a peer researcher, or from the perspective of someone who’s designing a study and working with peer researchers.
- To view the module, an HTML5 compatible internet browser, such as Chrome or Firefox, is required. (Test your browser’s compatibility here.)
- Navigate through the module using the “next” and “previous” buttons in the window below.
- Periodically, you will be asked to complete quiz questions to advance the module. After the quiz is complete, a results slide will appear in the module window below, and you’ll have the option to print your answers, or re-take the quiz.
- If you close the module before it’s complete, you can begin exactly where you left off last time.
- In 2019, we published this article based on 10 years of experience supporting peer researchers in HIV research.
- What needs to be in place to provide adequate support to peer researchers? A Pacific AIDS Network Checklist (British Columbia, Canada)
- The Dr. Peter Centre foundation has modules to assist organizations navigate the process of recruiting, hiring, training, orientating, supervising, and mentoring Peer Research Associates.
- This toolkit provides practical guidance and tools to assist community based organizations or groups to deliver social and emotional peer support services to people living with HIV and/or hepatitis (Hep C).