In this module you will learn about Participant Observation, the systematic description of events, behaviors, and artifacts in the social setting chosen for study. Participant observation has been used in a variety of disciplines, including community based research, as a tool for collecting data about people, processes, and cultures in qualitative research.
- To view the module, an HTML5 compatible internet browser, such as Chrome or Firefox, is required. (Test your browser’s compatibility here.)
- Navigate through the module using the “next” and “previous” buttons in the window below.
- Periodically, you will be asked to complete quiz questions to advance the module. After the module is complete, a results slide will appear in the window below, and you’ll have the option to print your answers, or re-take the quiz.
- If you close the module before it’s complete, you can begin exactly where you left off last time.
- The entire module will take about 25 minutes to complete.