Join a friendly and inclusive chat on bold ideas about HIV research: treatment, care, policy, theory, and artistic representation. BTT is held (nearly) every month from 6 to 7:30 at different chill venues. MO? We take one provocative academic manuscript and bring it to life through conversation with the author or expert.
Light snacks and drinks are provided to tide you over until dinner!
Click here to see where and when the next BTT will be, near you, soon, pronto!
BTTs we will host in 2020
- UPCOMING “Violent Law: HIV and Criminalization.” Wednesday, January 29, 2020. Tranzac Club, Toronto. Register here.
- UPCOMING “ILL-Legal Bodies: Xenophobia, Immigration and HIV.” Wednesday, February 19, 2020. Register here.
- UPCOMING “HIV and Climate Change” Wednesday, March 18, 2020. Register here.
- UPCOMING “Not just a Preference: Racism, Gayhood and sexual Health” Wednesday, April 29, 2020. Register here.
BTTs we have had…
- October 30, 2019, “Trans Issues: Sexual Healthcare in Ontario”. Joel Xavier (Health And Wellness Coordinator. MAX Ottawa, http://maxottawa.ca ) and Tatiana Ferguson (METRAC, Metropolitan Toronto Council in the City of Toronto to address public violence against women and children, http://www.metrac.org). See the evaluation here.
- September 11, 2019, “Indigenous Thunder Strengths and HIV Research” Speaker: Dr. Randy Jackson (Social Work, McMaster University). See Evaluation here.
- July 31st, 2019. “Becoming a POZ Daddy!” Speaker: Dr. David Brennan (Social Work, U of Toronto). Read the evaluation here.
- June 27th, 2019. “What is the T on PnP?” Speakers: Mr. Gavin Bejaimal (ACT) & Jordan Bond-Gorr. See the evaluation here.
- March 30th, 2019. “Because She Cares: HIV Stigma in ACB Communities”. Speaker: the “Because She Cares” crew & Dr. Lori Chambers.
- March 25th, 2019. “What’s Stigma Got to do with It?” Speaker: Dr. Laura Sikstrom.
- November 14th, 2018. HIV Stigma in Health Care. Speaker: Dr. Anne Wagner
This event is brilliantly coordinated by James Tavares (Critical Disability Studies, York University)